- Here’s a discover of the brand new Tennessee State Library and Archives that emphasizes its judicial holdings (TNCourts.gov).
- “Para Todos Los Niños,” a webinar by the Latino Judges Affiliation on the college desegregation case Mendez v. Westminster, is here.
- “Lawyer and author Kate Morgan chronicles the authorized historical past of homicide, and explores the roles killers, victims, attorneys and judges have performed in making UK homicide regulation what it’s right this moment” on the BBC’s History Extra podcast.
- Earlier this month, the Max Planck Institute for Authorized Historical past and Authorized Idea hosted its 4th annual convention nearly on Legislation and Coverage in European Integration (Nineteen Sixties-Nineteen Nineties). Extra here.
- A Radiohead reference hooks us each time. Florence Volkaert has printed OK Computer? The digital turn in legal history: A methodological retrospective, in Journal of Authorized Historical past / Revue d’Histoire du Droit / The Authorized Historical past Assessment. “This text opinions a number of the principal debates on methodology in authorized historical past for the reason that Second World Conflict, engages in a dialogue with the social sciences and eventually discusses the digital flip in regulation and authorized historical past, specializing in network evaluation.”
- American Historic Assessment 126:1 (March 2021) is available ungated, for some time not less than. It contains Mary Lindemann’s presidential deal with, “Sluggish Historical past?” which asks whether or not historians ought to see COVID-19 necessitated delays as an “alternative to suppose extra deeply concerning the “doing” of historical past and to isolate what actually issues in analysis, writing, and instruction.” “Goes gradual good for historians as nicely?” she asks.
- At The Historic Journal: Richard Bourke‘s overview article, “European Empire and Worldwide Legislation from the eighteenth to the 20 th century.” Open entry here.
- Extra CRT, ICYMI: Linda C. McClain and Robert L. Tsai on Keep away from the Tradition Conflict Entice Round Crucial Race Idea (Slate). Ariela Gross on Why they assault important race concept (New York Daily News).
Weekend Roundup is a weekly function compiled by all of the Authorized Historical past bloggers.